Monday 27 April 2009

Bike ride from Cleethorpes to Lincoln

Today I biked (the long way) from my house in Sunny Cleethorpes along the wet windy hilly roads of the Lincolnshire Wolds to my apartment in Lincoln (no I'm not a rich property tycoon, I am a poor student!) and whilst I thought this would give me some fantastic sense of achievement ... I was a little bit more disheartened at how incredibly difficult I found it :(
All I can hope for is that there is a lot more encouragement and sense of unity riding in a group (anybody would get tired of their own lonely thoughts after 4 and a half hours?) when it comes to Amsterdam. It would also be really good if the weather was lovely, there were no hills and I didn't have a laptop, washing and various other essential items strapped to my back!
Whilst I was about half way, my phone rang so I pulled into the entrance of a farm house and answered to BBC radio humberside! hopefully it was about the bike ride and them supporting me, from speaking to one of their alums on Siren a few weeks ago :) unfortunately the traffic was loud and my battery was beeping at me but I'll keep you posted on any progress.
It is half nine and I'm going to bed early after that ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment